in the next two and a half weeks I must:
- inventory my clothing and see what if anything I need to get still (note: socks. lots and lots of socks.)
- find a way to describe my possiblecareer conundrum on that name scholarship form thingymabobber.
continue reading finish the Iliad as opposed to making a one-time coffee/reading date and then forgetting about it
- get back to the whole eating healthy, gym-tastic schedule that was so lovely the first month of summer
- mentally prepare myself for the off-to-college breakup/ break / theend / whatever the hell it is called in this situation (and the awkward few days where he’ll be back from vacation and I won’t have left yet so we’re technically still together but not really so cramming in dates that have no meaning is inevitable/completelylookedforwardto but who knows now i’m rambling can’t think about this right now)
- find time for lizzy merissa connie & christina
- spend as much time with friends/family as physically possible
but, some fantastic things I’m looking forward to:
LACMA with baby valdez, joshua tree weekend camping trip with some of the besties, work, warped tour(? i think? ), club with the girls, (500) Days of Summer downtown LA sightseeing expedition, getting my braces off the day before my flight (lolz invisalign), mini vacation to DC, COOP, NSOP, struggling to pick classes, and of course all the horribly awkward meet-and-greets that come with those orientations.
so incredibly excited to go to college.
there is so much romance in the air
I don’t know what it is
it’s like all the pent-up high school sexual frustration of my friend group has just exploded into a ginormous bonanza of casual dating / getting some / trying to get some / being madly in love /well-we-have-no-other-options-and-limited-time-so-what-the-hell
its an epidemic.
there is a very very high chance that I am preregistered for art humanities.
please say this is the case, I don’t know of any other art history classes I can take my first year. (there probably are some. and i just can’t find them. because I am so incredibly bad at deciphering the online course guides.)
happiness is: [an updated edition]
DISCLAIMER: this is a
repost new and improved list. deal.
- spiced vanilla body butter from The Body Shop Bath
- impulsive kisses that I want to regret but can’t bring myself to
- chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips
- the moment when I know a painting is finished
being into being ready to go to college
- Law and Order re-run marathons (with Lennie. only with Lennie)
- scarves, fuzzy socks, and knit hats
- the long beach aquarium
- deep and meaningful AIM conversations that last until 3AM
- holidays with my amazingly awkward family
- wishing for somebody else at 11:11PM on 12/24/2010 and finding out that my wish came true
- the first hug after not seeing someone for five weeks
- getting soaked in the rain
- sprinting through Pittsburgh at 11PM to a shady convenience store to buy ice cream
- when the best friend title becomes official
- caught glances that lasts far longer than they should
- being a regular at a the fortune teller on ventura boulevard
- leaving love notes and penis drawings on cars
- eating lasagna at 1AM underneath a table (because once you’ve rolled under there it’s too much effort to get up)
- being told something that a person has never told anybody else
- heart-to-hearts that come from sneaking away from bonfires to lie in the sand and listen to the waves
- having an audience laugh nonstop for the entire 11 minutes of my play
- the 2005 Pride and Prejudice movie and the power it has to cheer me up
- daydreaming about elaborate and unlikely and fantastic scenarios
- nighttime geocaching in the hills of Eagle Rock [and having to stop periodically due to pain caused by a 3fishtaco/friedplantains+sweetcream stuffed stomach]
- the phrase “I was thinking about you”
- boba runs before mock trial
- brother-sister bonding over funnel cake
- crossing something off of my bucketlist
- the overwhelmingly warm shudder in my chest that I’ve only ever felt for one person [and knowing it will never completely go away]
- red velvet cupcakes
- the freeway at night, while it’s raining, with the lights reflecting off of the road
- recurring summer flings
- celebrating the fact that I have absolutely no clue what I want to do with my life
- my room smells like a 13 year old dirty-yet-loveable labrador named Lady
- the fact that my friends love me despite every single flaw I have.
this is good for now.